A two-hour press briefing on Thursday 18th February gave journalists a fantastic insight into the role of SCOPS and the many exciting activities currently underway or in the pipeline.
Kevin Harrison, SCOPS Chairman, said: "Thank you to everyone who attended today, and to everyone who has presented and spoken. Hopefully it has given you plenty of content and deas for future articles."
SCOPS PRESS BRIEFING: Thursday 18th February 2021
- 10am-10.30am: Plenary session led by Kevin Harrison, SCOPS Chairman and sheep farmer. An update on what’s going on at the moment, what’s on the horizon and the successes achieved by SCOPS as a pan-industry body sharing best practice messages. The plenary session will provide the overview, with breakout sessions going into more detail.
- 10.30am-11am: Breakout session 1.
- 11am-11.30am: Breakout session 2:
- 11.30am-12 noon: Open discussion session, led by Kevin Harrison, SCOPS Chairman, and Lesley Stubbings, SCOPS coordinator. A structured discussion involving speakers in all the breakout session, Q&A and closing comments.
- A/B. What’s new? Current projects and technology and exciting prospects on the near horizon - with Dave Bartley, Stewart Burgess, Fiona Kenyon and Philip Skuce, Moredun.
- C. Who’s in the know? Excellent working relationships between vets, registered animal medicines advisors (RAMAs) and farmers - with Stephen Dawson (AMTRA), Davinia Hinde (vet) and Mark Pass (RAMA).
- D. What’s in it for me? Why any sheep farmer can gain from SCOPS, whatever their previous level of involvement or existing understanding - with farmers Kevin Harrison, Rob & Anna Hawke, Gwyn Johnson and Jim Logan.